Our multidisciplinary approach ensures each patient is offered an optimal treatment plan that considers the whole child — not just the disease. Find out more about Pediatric Neurosurgery
Patient Stories | Research | Office Locations | Download Brochure
Pediatric Neurosurgery at Weill Cornell Medicine
The Pediatric Neurosurgery Service at the Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center is a world-class provider of treatment. Our multidisciplinary approach ensures each patient is offered an optimal treatment plan that considers the whole child — not just the disease.
Slaton Spinks was small when he was born, but he seemed healthy. As the Texas baby grew, however, his parents, Brandee and Kevin, started to note some peculiarities. “He was delayed, and he just did things differently,” Brandee recalls. “He’d do the...
Our Care Team
- Vice Chairman, Neurological Surgery
- Director, Pediatric Neurological Surgery
- Co-director, Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Vice Chairman for Academic Affairs
- Professor of Neurological Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Associate Residency Director
- Victor and Tara Menezes Clinical Scholar in Neuroscience
- Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery in Pediatrics
- Pediatric Neurosurgical Craniofacial Program Coordinator
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
It was 22 years ago today – November 1, 2000 – that I became the first chair of the newly formed department of neurosurgery and neurosurgeon-in-chief of NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. I suppose I might have been more reflective...