Welcome to Chiari CARE!
The Chiari CARE (Chiari and Related Etiologies) program at the Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center offers evaluation and treatment for individuals with Chiari malformation and other complex congenital malformations of the central nervous system, including:
- tethered spinal cord
- basilar invagination
- pseudotumor cerebri
- other disorders of cerebral spinal fluid flow and disorders of the cranio-cervical junction
We offer comprehensive, multidisciplinary treatment at a world-class medical center with the ability to centralize care for our patients.
Inside the Chiari CARE Program:
We pride ourselves in taking a dynamic, centralized approach to provide you with our neurosurgical expertise, but more importantly we coordinate care with other qualified physicians. We also recognize that there is a lot that is not definitively known about Chiari and many of its associated disorders. Therefore, we are part of national Chiari clinical trials and have a growing list of internal clinical studies through which we continue to learn about and improve our care for our patients. More about the Chiari CARE Program
The Chiari CARE team at the Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center is eager to work with you to help manage and collaborate medical care that is best for you and your needs. We incorporate our knowledge, determination, and patience into a multidisciplinary plan for your needs so that we may provide you with the best quality care available anywhere. While we prefer a thorough and in-person visit to our offices in New York, we also provide video visits or phone consultations if traveling to New York is not an option at this time. We look forward to collaborating with you on your health.
For more information about the Chiari CARE Program, please contact me at 212-746-2363.
Jeffrey P. Greenfield, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery
Director, Chiari CARE Center
Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center
Sign up here to receive periodic emails about Chiari news or patient events
Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield directs the Chiari CARE program at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian, where an expert multidisciplinary team cares for patients with this complex condition.
What our Patients Say
Our Care Team
- Chairman and Neurosurgeon-in-Chief
- Margaret and Robert J. Hariri, MD ’87, PhD ’87 Professor of Neurological Surgery
- Vice Provost of Business Affairs and Integration
- Vice Chairman for Academic Affairs
- Professor of Neurological Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Associate Residency Director
- Victor and Tara Menezes Clinical Scholar in Neuroscience
- Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery in Pediatrics
- Vice Chairman, Neurological Surgery
- Director, Pediatric Neurological Surgery
- Clinical Coordinator, Chiari CARE Program
- Physician Assistant